- The place is run by the United Church of Christ on church property. We regularly, including on non-Sundays, have some kind of religious service, and even our very own chaplain providing spiritual care.
- We are surrounded by graveyards and the like, including two crematoria which now and then waft smoke unto our property.
- There is an almost complete absence of insects and rodents. I have yet to see a cockroach or rat inside our building, which leads me to think that this place is over-chemicalized.
- If you don't include the food, the site is almost devoid of sin. Joke...joke.
- My room is kept at a constant temperature of 75 F during the day and 69 F at night, for I heard that your body lives longer if exposed to some cold. On the other hand, there is an authentic Stanford University study which says that your chances of death are reduced if you live in a warmer climate. Here is a visual from that paper:
In fact, a warmer world would be world with fewer fatalities. Cold, not heat, is the biggest killer as more and more researchers are finding.
I searched for some link to the first of April or the like, but the author, Thomas Gale Moore, is employed by Stanford, with an adjunct association to the Cato Institute, a notorious libertarian think tank founded by the Charles Koch Foundation.)
- We have three meals a day, and I probably average one on a daily basis. A huge waste of money but I would think that in Purgatory or Heaven there are no financial concerns.
- I have more photos on the wall of the public area than anyone else here. But that is because my Grand Around the World Adventure story is currently being depicted in the exhibition area of the basement.
- The people here are what you would expect if you are in Purgatory, terrific.
- I don't think vacations occur in Heaven. Here, they allow you outings for fine dining, and I'm now seriously thinking about a two-week Shinkansen holiday in Japan for the Cherry Blossom Season.
- Minor sins, actually, are allowed in Purgatory, for we have rambunctious poker sessions three times/week.
- Alcohol, also is permitted, although our Monday Night Table surely must be testing the system.
Heaven, however, is an ultimate destination. Once you get there, you're there forever. I am currently worried about utter boredom, as my presence in Purgatory guarantees my eventual transfer, once my impurities are divested. One of these days I'll collect all the hard evidence about this capstone acme and provide a definitive guide to Heaven. Sure.