- BART $18
- UBER $70
- Taxi $140
- Go to uber.com/app to download that application.
- Enter the promo code, which was ELHARRISON.
- Request your ride.
- Which cities use Uber? 67 countries and virtually every major city in the USA.
- Costs vary by city, but:
- Average for short ride (5 miles/10 minutes) $10.45
- medium (10 miles/20 minutes) $18.40
- long (20 miles/40 minute) $34.50
- Honolulu short ride $13.15
- medium $23.15
- long $43.15
- But those are averages, for the actual cost depends on traffic, demand, etc.
- UberX: cheapest
- UberXL: larger vehicle, like a van
- UberPool: not available in Hawaii
- Uber Select: expensive car
- UberBlack: executive, most expensive
- Uber Taxi: don't use this as it merely hails a cab for you and you pay the taxi fare plus tip plus $1 to Uber, or something like that, as explained to me by my first Uber driver, Peter
- Treat the driver with care
- Respect the car
- Don’t leave an Uber driver waiting
- Confirm your name with driver
- You can sit in the front seat, but most most passengers go to the back.
Some final info on Uber:
- Uber is the most valuable startup in the world. Uber just raised a new round of financing which values it at $51 billion. That makes Uber worth more than FedEx (FDX) and General Motors (GM) -- as well as Wall Street darling Netflix (NFLX), the top stock in the S&P 500 this year.Aug 3, 2015
- No announcement yet, but if you want to participate in Uber's initial stock offering, click here.
|GIVE UBER, GET UBER|
|YOUR PROMO CODE|
So, if you're internet deficient like me, what does the above mean? Go to your computer, type in uber.com/app to your address bar at the very top and click on RETURN. Eventually you will need the promo code, which should be patrickt3171ue. Good luck.
Thus, if I give up my car, Uber has become an option, especially if I can gain access to their X car. This is a learning process, like everything else in life. Stay tuned for my further adventures with Uber, or, maybe, too, Lyft. Pretty sneaky, but Lyft popped in an offer for me to get their app when I was reading an Uber posting, and provided their promo code to get started, with a free offer.