- The catchers wear brightly colored fingernail polish. Here is Buster Posey to the right. This is so the pitcher can better see the signs. Kind of reminds me of Seoul, Korea, where a large number of women paint the nails on their feet. I don't have a foot fetish, but on summer days sitting on the Seoul Subway, when slippers/sandals are won, this becomes obvious.
- Major league baseball players spit...a lot. Gross!
- The Giants have a lot of chubby players. The only weight-challenged Royal regular appears to be Billy Butler, here, next to Pablo Sandoval. This is nothing close to high school softball players in Hawaii. Earlier this year I noticed at a televised game that the majority of the girls were almost obese, and most were Polynesian. This can't be good.
- Giant's Hunter Pence commands the batting box. Reminds me of a lion staking out his territory. Or maybe a Tyrannosaurus Rex holding a bat.
- Unless the Giants are leading or losing by five runs or more, you will almost surely at some point see Madison Bumgarner pitching in this third World Series game:
The lava is interminably stalking Pahoa town on the Big Island of Hawaii. Homes will be destroyed, probably beginning tonight: