- Fastest land speed is an amazing 760 miles/hour = 32.8 hours
- X-15 jet reached a speed of 4520 MPH = 330 minutes
- Astronauts traveled 24,791 MPH on re-entry = 1 minute
- Voyager I now traveling in space, 38,000 MPH = 39 seconds
- fastest man-made object in space
- Light = 0.14 seconds
Forgetting how much energy this will take, which makes the trip essentially impossible, this spaceship would need 2.54 million years to get from Earth to the next galaxy, Andromeda, our closest neither (above). And there could well be 500 billion galaxies out there. Hopefully there will be wormholes (left) and similar fantasy stuff for inter-galactic travel some day.