Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PEARL

My e-book on Pearl's Ashes takes a holiday today, for yesterday was Pearl's birthday, and since she passed away eight years ago, I on many occasions have had dinner at her favorite restaurant, La Mer in the Halekulani Hotel.  It was only last month that I reported on Chapter 16 of her ashes.  This time, I brought my three neighbors from 15 Craigside:


Our view of Diamond Head from our table, very close to where my photo was taken for the masthead above:


From the left, Deanna, Charlotte, Tom, me, Al and John.  First came the traditional free something, a cold soup:


Excellent.  Next, probably the best one dish of the night, scallops, with cuttlefish and caviar:


The wine was a Sterling Cabernet Sauvignon.  John ordered a grilled foie gras:


He said, it was fabulous.  The main entre' varied, starting with Al's abalone:


He said it was chewable.  I had a beef / foie gras dish, and our second wine was a Clois du Bois Meritage from Alexander Valley:


Tom had a souffle for his dessert, while I had a cheese plate:


I had a cappuccino with the free petit fours:


Also served was Pearl's Birthday Cake shown above.  We were whisked home in John's Mercedes:


What a day, for earlier in the afternoon I gave a talk at 15 Craigside on my recent global adventure, which you can re-visit here.  Next Wednesday for sure, the Tulips of Keukenhof and Amsterdam.

-
Hurricane activity is picking up:


In particular, looming hurricane Fernanda could well head towards Hawaii:


-

No comments: