1. The U.S. remains the land where people dream of living.
2. While we continue to grow, other major industrial powers are in decline.
3. China will within a decade or two have too many retired people.
4. India will have too many births (this will be the largest country by 2030).
5. While we are not universally loved, we have many close allies. The world generally trusts, likes and depends on us. China has North Korea.
6. We have by far the best advanced educational system, with 50 of the world's top 100 universities. (Several years ago my SIMPLE SOLUTIONS FOR HUMANITY indicated that we had 37 of the 50 best universities.)
7. With 5% the world population, we are responsible for 33% of the R and D.
8. We remain the #1 country in manufacturing.
9. We generate half the world's patents.
10. While our World Competitiveness Ranking is only #4, Switzerland, Sweden and Singapore have a combined population less than California.
Those blips to in the bottom right corner are the Hawaiian Islands.