Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 12, 2011

OSSO BUCO AT SUNSET

I'm now up to 117 holes at the Ala Wai Golf Course this month.  Our group had Pina Colada today.  We tend to talk a lot about food, and I finally settled on Italian tonight.  Ed Cheng recommended picking up osso buco from Verbano, so on my way home I stopped by Verbano on King Ristorante and ordered this dish with a green salad, at a cost of $25.  They even gave me a glass of iced water as I waited only for a little more than 5 minutes.  What I found surprising was that many males who came in during this short period wore a suit and tie.  There were others also in t-shirt, shorts and slippers.

This might have been the best osso buco I've ever had.  There was more actual meat than any of my previous OBs and the capellini serving was too generous. I had to save half the meal, and did not even get to the best part, the marrow.  One serving is good for two people or more.  Also in the bag was a loaf of Italian bread with a goodly amount of butter on the side.  I opened a 30th Anniversary 2008 (recently arrived) Stanford Alumni Santa Cruz/Cupertino Ridge Cardinal Cuvee (13.5%, a meritage  of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot).  Maybe I knew that this bottle cost around $50, but it was excellent.  With the sunset, the meal was perfezione.

-

No comments: