Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 26, 2011

ANOTHER 99 HOLES OF GOLF AT ALA WAI

On February 10, my posting was entitled 99 Holes of Golf at Ala Wai.  Well, yesterday, I completed another 99 holes of at the Ala Wai Golf Course.  Thus, for the month of February I am up to 198 holes.  It is not particularly easy to get starting times at this golf course, for it is, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, the busiest golf course in the World.  This as close as I'll get to doing any kind of marathon, and next month I don't plan to golf at all, partly because I will start another travel adventure, with the Eastern Oriental Express (train) from Bangkok to Singapore and sakura watching throughout Japan as two highlights.

Speaking of marathons, I almost ran one.  At the age of 48, so that I could properly train to run the Honolulu Marathon at the age of 50, I asked my doctor about my plans.  He asked why?  I said, "you're right," and never thought about it again.

Going back to golf, you would have expected me to get better and better as the month progressed.  Yes, my final round yesterday was an 83, the lowest of any 18 holes during this stretch.  However, on Thursday, my handicap in Ken Watanabe's compilation was a 20, the highest I have been in years.  In May will come Kenji's Nevada/Utah ordeal, probably 165 holes in one week.

So, to "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall," you can sing "99 Holes  of Golf at the Ala Wai Golf Course":

Lyrics for 99 Holes of Golf at the Ala Wai Golf Course

99 holes of golf at the Ala Wai Golf Course, 99 holes left to play.
Finish a hole and go on to the next tee, 98 holes left to play.
98 holes of golf at the Ala Wai Golf Course, 98 holes left to play.
Finish a hole and go on to the next tee, 97 holes left to play.
-
-
One hole of golf at the Ala Wai Golf Course, one hole left to play.
Finish this hole and go in to the clubhouse, zero holes left to play.
No more holes of golf at the Ala Wai Golf Course, no more left to play.
Start the next series at the Ala Wai Golf Course, 99 holes left to play.


Well, on to my next odyssey, but if you have any interest in golf, then you must read my posting of 30August2010 about the hallowed St. Andrews Golf Courses.





This being an absolutely gorgeous day in Hawaii, I leave with two shots of Honolulu 

and my rooftop:

-

No comments: