- Super Hurricane Irma will slam into Florida on Sunday.
- President Donald Trump has virtually abandoned the Republican Party.
- Chairman Kim Jung-un has developed an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of delivering a Hydrogen Bomb.
- Republican Congressional leaders came to consensus on the debt ceiling bill: roll over the Democrats and make sure the next standoff won't occur until AFTER the mid-term election.
- The Democrats made a bipartisan counter-offer: we'll give you what you want on damages for Hurricane Harvey, but we will re-visit this debt ceiling in mid-December.
- Stunning Republicans, President Donald Trump accepted the offer from Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schemer, calling them "my friends."
- Then, immediately after embarrassing Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan in person, he boards a plane with Senator Heidi Heitkamp on a flight to North Dakota, who was returning home to campaign against her November 2018 opponent. Oh, Heitkamp is a Democrat, and she is running against a Republican, probably Congressman Kevin Kramer. From Wikipedia:
- Imagine a tornado over your house for 30 minutes.
- Sea level rise of 20 feet.
- Utter decimation in a worst case scenario.
However, all projections show a shift away from the USA:
In the Gulf, Hurricane Katia will strengthen into a Category 2 and crash into Mexico, probably close to Tampico.