- The National Wagyu Award is bestowed every five years to the best cattle in Japan.
- Thirty sites compete.
- Parameters include color, fat distribution, meat fiber and taste.
- In 2007 Miyazaki won the Prime Minister Award, beating out Matsuzaki and Kobe, for being rated overall winner seven out of the past nine contests.
- The average American annually consumes 57.5 pounds of beef. In Argentina, 129 pounds/person/year.
- Argentina exports 7% of its beef, mostly grass-fed and no hormones. Eating in-country, La Cabana has a stellar reputation.
- Fassone beef from Genoa, Italy is renowned for being healthy, with 30% fewer calories than regular beef.
- Kawamura in Tokyo is one of the best places to get steak, always Tajima beef.
- Restaurant critic Andy Hayler described Matsuzaka beef he ate at Dons de la Nature in Tokyo was his best ever.
- Aragawa in Kobe, said to be the most famous steakhouse in Japan, serves Sanda beef.
|3.||Hong Kong||20.96 $|