- Shuttle to the airport
- BART to the San Bruno Station
- transfer to Millbrae Station
- Caltrain to the Palo Alto Station
- Marguerite Shuttle to the Paul Allen Building on the campus
- 23 separate lines
- clean transport is used
- Stanford apparently has had a free shuttle system since a horse (Marguerite was the name of the horse) and buggy combination in 1909--frankly, I rode a bike and only remember freezing on many cold mornings when I went there--I don't remember any kind of free shuttle
Also from the Quad, two Beat Cal signs:
The University of California football team comes to Stanford tomorrow for the Big Game. Maybe I should have stayed another two days. I still can, for my ticket is adjustable without penalty. In one corner of the Quad, just another protest:
Finally, from inside the Quad towards Palo Alto (those statues are by Rodin...something about The Burghers of Calais):
I felt like a special hamburger, so I went to Umami Burger up University Avenue:
I wonder where they keep the old people of Palo Alto. I would guess that the second oldest person eating here, and there must have been at least 50 customers, was one third my age.
Kind of a relaxing nothing day. But I did get some wine and beer, with a croissant, blue cheese, prosciutto, salad and chips for my room dinner tonight, my final for a truly great Grand Around the World Adventure:
Not my best meal, but, perhaps, most emotionally satisfying, considering the compounding of stresses over the past 64 days. Tomorrow, back to Hawaii, I think.