- #1 Bullitt (1968): Rotten Tomatoes (97% reviewers / 85% audiences)
- #2 Vertigo (1958): RT (98% / 93%)
- #3 Dirty Harry (1971): RT (95% / 90%)
- #4 The Conversation (1974): RT (98% / 90%)
- #5 Blue Jasmine (2013): RT (91%/77%)
- #12 Play It Again Sam (1972): RT (97% / 89%)
- #15 Harold and Maude (1971): RT (86% / 93%)
- #19 San Francisco (1936): RT (100% / 71%)
Leaving Las Vegas:
Wondering why the cost was so high, I did some checking and learned that the St. Regis in town is not available for the second night, and the W costs about $1000! In the same parking lot with the SFO Airport Westin is Aloft, a low-class Starwood, which, with taxes, gets close to $400/night. What is happening in San Francisco? Oh, Marriott has purchased Starwood for $12.2 billion. But that should not affect hotel room rates today.
At 4PM I decided to take a walk south along the Bay and ended up, 25 minutes later, facing Benihana, which was open, and 20% full:
That possible hurricane from yesterday is now Typhoon In-fa at 75 MPH, and, while it will attain Category 3 strength, all signs show the path heading south of Guam:
But the next question is, then where to? Okinawa seems in the current direct line, but any shift north will take In-fa to Japan. South, Taiwan.