While ABC's Modern Family won for best comedy, I was struck by how much those cable channels have intruded. AMC's Breaking Bad won two, one for outstanding drama series, HBO won three with Behind the Candelabra and Boardwalk Empire, Showtime won four, and Netflix, FX and USA did well.
Interestingly enough, I never once watched any of the above. I only make time for sports programs and the news. However, as I've decided to give up all my fantasy teams until the next baseball season starts, I'll make a new season resolution to view the first night of:
- NBS's The Blacklist (looks like a really big hit) and CBS's Hostages, which started last night, at the same time, so I recorded one:
- USA premiers six straight Modern Family reruns on Tuesday (tonight), which will run five days/week
- ABC's Modern Family, one hour season premier, Wednesday
- CBS's Big Bang Theory, Thursday (I've watched numerous episodes, but only as reruns---watch here the BEST of BBT, all of 1 hour and 22 minutes, with German subtitles)
- CBS's Hawaii Five-O, Friday (I've seen many, but lost interest--I'll return, for I suspect this will be their last season, and the Hawaiian scenes, although overhued, are spectacular). Anyway, if you're really into this program, the premiere screening for this season will occur Thursday night at Queen's Surf Beach Park, with a red carpet welcome of the stars beginning at 6PM.
- Netflix is a $9/month disaster for me. The last film I watched was two months ago. So I'll make up by watching the whole season one of House of Cards series, for "FREE." Season two starts early next year:
- Showtime premiers the next version of Homeland on Sunday, September 29, but this has already been leaked.
- My condo replaced HBO with Showtime, so I never saw Boardwalk Empire:
- Thus, I also missed that Michael Douglas / Matt Damon flick on Liberace.
- There might be spin-offs, but, after five seasons, AMC features Breaking Bad's finale on Sunday.
Typhoon Pabuk at 75 MPH is heading straight for Japan, but is projected to make a right turn and eventually dissipate: