Tom Conrad, listed in Renewable Energy World:
1. Waterfurance Renewable Energy (WFI.TO): sells geothermal heat pumps.
2. Lime Energy (LIME): integrated energy engineering; good potential.
3. Honeywell (HON): heating and cooling equipment.
4. Rockwool International (RKWBF.PK): insulation.
5. Waste Management (WM): waste management.
6. Veolia Environnement SA (VE): environmental services, a decade ago, the price was 25; today, 12.65.
7. Accell Group (ACCEL.AS): Netherlands bicycle company.
8. New Flyer Industries (NFYEF.PK): heavy duty transit buses, good dividends.
9. Finavera Wind Energy (FNVRK.PK): wind energy developer in Ireland and British Columbia.
10. Western Wind Energy Corp (WNDEF.PK): wind energy company.
11. Alterra Power Corp (MGMXF.PK): geothermal, hydro and wind energy.
Note that you never heard of any of them, well, of course Honeywell, but this is not really an energy company, and certainly, their Alberta oil sands dwarf anything sustainable. At least my blog stock challenge includes identifiable firms.
The Dow Jones Industrials inched up 7 to 12,890, with world markets mostly down. Gold increased $2/toz to $1732, with the WTI crude at $100/barrel and Brent Spot at $117/barrel.
In the Pacific, Tropical Cyclone Jasmine, still at 85 MPH, is petering out, but a new storm in the Indian Ocean already named Tropical Storm Giovanna, will strengthen to hurricane force, slip north of Mauritius and Reunion, and slam into Madagascar on Sunday: