Total Pageviews

Monday, February 20, 2012

MONDAY IN MANOA

I was a bit too crusty in my blog earlier about NASA, so I thought I'd balance the day with an enjoyable tour of my University of Hawaii Manoa Campus.  First, I had lunch at:

And, no, they serve more than this, for I was nearly completed with my meal of zaru soba and calamari/vegetable tempura when I remembered to photograph it.  Then, off to the Oregon versus Hawaii baseball game:


We lost, 12-6, as did Jeremy Lin (21 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds) and his Knicks, beaten by the Nets, 100-92.  However, the day was fabulous, as were the flowers:


This Gold Tree is between Hamilton Library and the East West Center.  However, the star of the day was:


As Pearl's Gold Tree is, scientifically, Tabebuia donnell-smithii, this Magenta Tree (Holmes Hall in the background) must be a close relative.

-

No comments: