Seasteading Institute was founded to establish autonomous, seaborne communities in international waters. While their first seastead is being planned for San Francisco Bay, last year they reached a memorandum of understanding with French Polynesia to create the first semi-autonomous seastead, in the mid-Pacific, and a floating island is being designed.
Seasteading: How Floating Nations Will Restore the Environment, Enrich the Poor, Cure the Sick, and Liberate Humanity from Politicians. He actually quotes some of my thoughts.
remediate global warming and prevent the formation of hurricanes.
Lockheed Martin - Reignwood OTEC project in the South China Sea. This largely designed 10 MW power plant system will link to a holiday resort township in China. The foundation is thus being laid for a 100 MW upgrade.
prophetic billionaire or two to lead the way.
Thus, by the end of the 22nd century (that is 182 years in the future--going back in history, that was 1836, almost a quarter century before the Civil War):
- The world will be at peace. Click on that link to learn why.
- Global warming will be in check. If artificial intelligence can bring peace, surely, it will also insure that the necessary decisions are made for the environment.
- Life will not not yet be found in our solar system, save for Planet Earth.
- While alien civilization no doubt have sprouted somewhere in our Universe, the reason why there seems to be no one else around us is that space is so vast.
- Consider light can travel 7.5 times around Planet Earth in one second, and you awe at how large just our little ole Milky Way Galaxy is when you consider that light takes 100,000 years to go from one end to the other.
- Also, the nearest galaxy Andromeda is 2.5 million light years away. Thus, if intelligent life from Andromeda actually did send signals to us, and we received them today, those blips were sent 2.5 million years ago. Jesus Christ was only 2000 years ago. And, the latest Hubble Space Telescope analysis seems to suggest that there are at least two trillion galaxies out there.
- There might be small experimental living pods on the Moon and Mars, but no major relocation of humanity.
- We absolutely should not abandon investing in space, just be sensible about using tax dollars for major hardware efforts, like going to Mars. Let billionaires tackle that kind of adventure. However, it is within the realm of probability that a well-supported Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence enterprise could well detect reliable signals from an intelligent source somewhere in the Milky Way. What is the value of this revelation? Just this awareness will change the way we look to the future. Maybe, too, incoming could be the Encyclopedia Galactica, the source of information to revolutionize our way of life, as has been envisioned by science fiction writers like Isaac Asimov. For those seeking the latest, Sara Seager of MIT will make a FREE presentation at 7:30PM on 25 January 2018 at Orvis Auditorium on the Manoa Campus:
- What about those flying saucers and aliens appearing daily on our TV screen? Imagine planning for a Star Trek journey from a planet beyond Andromeda to Planet Earth. First, your spacecraft will not travel at the speed of light. Then calculate the amount of energy needed, and cost. What about wormholes and warp drive? Dream on.
- There will be only a couple of billion people on Planet Earth because the aging gene will have long been checked, with longevities well past 100, meaning that population control will determine who is born. And, yes, babies will be engineered to be nearly perfect, intellectually and physically.
- The overwhelming conclusion after the Golden Evolution is that, if there is a Heaven, we are already here.