- Newborns (0-3 months ): Sleep range narrowed to 14-17 hours each day (previously it was 12-18)
- Infants (4-11 months): Sleep range widened two hours to 12-15 hours (previously it was 14-15)
- Toddlers (1-2 years): Sleep range widened by one hour to 11-14 hours (previously it was 12-14)
- Preschoolers (3-5): Sleep range widened by one hour to 10-13 hours (previously it was 11-13)
- School age children (6-13): Sleep range widened by one hour to 9-11 hours (previously it was 10-11)
- Teenagers (14-17): Sleep range widened by one hour to 8-10 hours (previously it was 8.5-9.5)
- Younger adults (18-25): Sleep range is 7-9 hours (new age category)
- Adults (26-64): Sleep range did not change and remains 7-9 hours
- Older adults (65+): Sleep range is 7-8 hours (new age category)
OVERWEIGHT PEOPLE LIVE LONGER THAN NORMAL PEOPLE!!!
- The ideal BMI for Italian women is 33, which is obese.
- Underweight people were 73% more likely to die.
- Those extremely obese with a BMI 35 or greater were 36% more likely to die.
- Those overweight with BMI 25-29.9 were 17% less likely to die.
Finally, as you travel the country, have you noticed how fat Americans are? Well, I quote from one of my postings:
No doubt Americans are probably way too fat: 35% of men and 40% of women were obese in 2014. The 38% obesity average is an increase of 34% since 2006.
- this is your body's natural protective response against infection and aliens:
- when you cut your hand, your immune system sends white blood cells there
- the result is redness and swelling, but your body is at work
- chronic inflammation
- reaction to toxins from smoking can cause cancer
- excess fat cells stored in your belly
- reaction to plaque in your artery, resulting in strokes and heart attacks
- include C-reactive protein in your blood test to determine your risk of heart attack and stroke
- aspirin seems to help prevent blood clots and dampen inflammation
- statins also work
- A 390-pound sumo wrestler from Georgia yesterday won the Emperor's Cup in Tokyo. No, not the state, but country. Levan Gorgadze, known as Tochinoshin, was a low-ranking competitor who suddenly became the best. The heaviest sumo-tori ever was Konishiki (below, top photo) from Hawaii at 633 pounds. Akebono, also from Hawaii, was a measly 550 pounds.
- Michelle Wie now sports pink hair. Of course, she's been more adventurous in her past, with rainbow hair:
- 42-year old Tiger Woods rallied for four birdies on the back nine yesterday to make the cut at the Farmers Insurance Open (these golf tournaments have lost their glamour by featuring sponsors, for this is Torrey Pines near San Diego--Did you know that singer Andy Williams hosted for 20 years?) for the first time in 29 months.