- Jews, more than any other minority, ethnic or cultural, have been recipients of the Nobel Prize, with almost one-fifth of all Nobel laureates being Jewish. They make up 0.2 percent of the world population, but 54 percent of the world chess champions, 27 percent of the Nobel physics laureates and 31 percent of the medicine laureates. Jews make up 2 percent of the U.S. population, but 21 percent of the Ivy League student bodies, 26 percent of the Kennedy Center honorees, 37 percent of the Academy Award-winning directors, and 51 percent of the Pulitzer Prize winners for nonfiction.
- According to a December 2012 New York Times article, written by a Harvard graduate, Ron Urz, at one time Ivy League schools in the 1920's denied the existence of a "Jewish quota." Today, they deny there is an "Asian quota." The irony to all this is that the exact reverse has occurred. Now Jews are over represented at Ivy League schools. Plus, Christian Whites have become a minority group. What happened is that Asians are now the old Jews and Jews are the old whites! A telling trend seems irrefutable:
- During the 1970's, well over 40% of the top Math Olympiad students were Jewish. Since 2000 only 2.5% have been Jewish.
- The most prestigious mathematics competition for American college students is the Putnam Exam. Prior to 1950, 40% of winners were Jewish. Since 2000 this percentage declined to 10%, but not one Jewish name in the top 40 students over the past seven years.
- Regarding the Science Talent Search (once called Westinghouse, now Intel), which has been awarded since 1942, Jewish students got more than 20% of the prizes through the 80's, which declined to 15% in the 2000's, but in 2010 was only 7%. Then, more recently, only one Jew among 30 awardees.
- In the Physics Olympiad, from 25% in the 1986-1997 period, down to 5% during the past decade.
- There has been no Biology Olympiad Jew the past three years and zero also for the Chemistry Olympiad the past two years.
- To quote: "Taken in combination, these trends all provide powerful evidence that over the last decade or more there has been a dramatic collapse in Jewish academic achievement...
- Take California: with 3.3% of the population, 4-5% of National Merit Scholars (NMS) are Jewish; the 13% Asians garnered 57% of the NMS awards.
- In New York, Jews, with 8.4% of the population, 21% of NMS; the 6% Asians got 34%.
- All things considered, there should be five Asians for every Jew in Ivy League Schools, and at Caltech there are 5.5% Jewish students and 39% Asians, while in the five most selective California universities, 8% Jewish and 40% Asians. Not so for the Ivies, where the Jewish population is 40% higher.
- Harvard's freshman class this year was 22% Asian
- MIT's freshman class was 26% Asian
|Group||Combined Score 2015||Change Since 2006|
Are Asians smarter than Whites? The population size of China certainly provides more people with higher IQs:
Tomorrow I'll delve into some personal experiences at Stanford, and how this institution has itself stumbled along with this issue. How times have changed. And, yes, when I first arrived on campus nearly 60 years ago I thought, maybe, I had chosen a junior college.