- Foxconn is a Taiwanese company,.
- Why is China even involved with the approval process?
- Sharp is the very first foreign takeover of a major Japanese electronics producer.
- #1 USA $570 billion
- #2 China $191 billion
- #3 United Kingdom $67 billion
- #4 Russia $53 billion
- #5 France $53 billion (yes, same as Russia!)
- #6 India $50 billion
The cascade of what happens next could well induce a future world war. No one here actually asked me about the idiocy of Trump, although the Asian media seem to be concerned.
Boye Lafayette De Mente (who has written more than 40 books) on Why the Japanese are a Superior People, the title of one of his books. Interesting man, actually, for he graduated from a Japanese university and worked for a U.S intelligence agency.
- Genetics have made the Japanese brain right sided, meaning that feelings dominate over facts.
- In other words, aesthetics pay an equal role with functionality.
- Fuzzy (holistic) thinking versus linear thinking.
- Quality over profit.
- Striving for daily improvement.
- This use of the whole brain gives Japanese an advantage over, say, Americans.
- He sites Tadanobu Tsunoda, author of The Japanese Brain, a respected authority in this field.
Their current prime minister is Prayut Chan-o-cha, former Commander in Chief of the Royal Thai Army. There is now no public dissent. There is order. Shopping centers are safe. So I arrive at a time of relative peace, at least in Bangkok.
There are six ocean storms. The only one showing signs of gaining hurricane strength is Tropical Depression 12, which seems to be going the wrong way.
Normally, a typhoon heads toward Japan from Okinawa.
In the Atlantic, Tropical Storm Fiona is not expected to attain hurricane status: