Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

CIRCLE PACIFIC ADVENTURE 2016: Day #9--Pearl's Matsumoto Gold Koi

Tropical Storm Chanthu blew in and out last night.  The air is hazy during the summer, but the storm cleared up the atmosphere, so when I woke up this morning, I saw Mount Fuji, something rare in August from Tokyo:


My breakfast at the Prince Gallery and view of Tokyo Skytree, the second tallest structure in the world at 2,080 feet.  Burj Khalifa in Dubai is 2722 feet:


My final day of Japan Rail Pass, so I thought I'd visit Pearl's Gold Koi in the moat of Matsumoto Castle.  The Azusa each way takes about 2.5 hours.  From the train station to the castle, all uphill, takes about 20 minutes if you walk quickly.  I was ecstatic to see Pearl's koi, for she wasn't there the last time I dropped by:



Saw an interesting plant, more the leaf than flower, plus some grapes:


To celebrate my final train ride, I had quite a bento meal, with beer and sake:


Tomorrow, on to Bangkok.

-

No comments: