- When I worked in the U.S. Congress 38 years ago I drafted the original Senate version that eventually became the Matsunaga Hydrogen Act.
- I was part of the group that in 1989 created the National Hydrogen Association, which in 2010 merged with the U.S. Fuel Cell Council.
- I chaired the U.S. Secretary of Energy's Hydrogen Technical Advisory Panel.
- The Hawaii Natural Energy Institute, which I directed, became a National Hydrogen Research and Education Center.
- I was selected Hydrogen Man of the Year by the National Hydrogen Association, where the previous awardee was Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- I wrote several articles on hydrogen for the Huffington Post.
- Close to 75% the total mass of the Universe is hydrogen.
- Our Sun and all the stars generate energy by fusing hydrogen.
- When combusted, the products are energy and water.
- Some day, aviation should be powered by hydrogen, for it is the lightest fuel/volume.
Plus, the infrastructure for hydrogen is still unavailable and costly to install. And, during the past quarter century at least a hundred different models of cars, truck, motorcycles, etc., have been built by a variety of manufacturers, and nothing has sold.
Tomorrow, the conclusion of Kenji's Golf Safari, then, I fly from San Francisco to Seoul. And why do I always go to South Korea, anyway?