Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 22, 2016

ON TO MOUNT FUJI

Before being picked up for a party and sleepover up Mount Fuji, Grant and I had breakfast at the Kichijoji Dai Ichi:


Mount Fuji as we're driving up to President Matsunaga's log cabin:


Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's mountain home is two lots away.  Also, azaleas are in bloom:


Mayumi and Tadashi at their BBQ:


We had five kinds of mushroom and Hokkaido wagyu beef:


Immediate above, Tsuyoshi, who replaced Matsunaga as professor of their laboratory, grilling musubi.

These are the wines (brought by David from the University of California at Riverside--extreme right in the photo above of group at BBQ) and scotch we imbibed:


We also had popsicle, with the scotch.  Then, we all went to an onsen:


We returned to a new kind of karaoke.  Smart phones were used to find music and lyrics on You Tube. We next will need to use bluetooth microphones with accompanying speakers.

The next morning, after breakfast, we took photos of Mount Fuji before I was dropped off at the Kichijoji Station for my bus to Narita Airport:


Check-in was in a special area that bypassed the lines.  I decided to first try the ANA First Class Lounge, because the food there is better:


Then I went to the United Global First Lounge and took a shower.  I had a simple snack:


I plan to mostly sleep on the way back to Honolulu.

-

No comments: