Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 12, 2014

MUFA Day 6: Victor's

Decades ago, I had dinner at the St Francis in San Francisco, Victor's, and was mesmerized by the fog that hung just below the 32nd floor of the establishment.  Named after Victor Hirtzler, chef at the St Francis from the opening 110 years ago, the hotel not only survived the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake, but served breakfast that morning.

Well, tonight I had dinner at Victor's in the Tokyo Westin, and re-lived that experience with my best meal on this trip.  I started with a salad and an incredible truffles soup:


The restaurant was so organized, that they provided a personal menu of my table and menu:


The Matsuzaka beef topped with a delicate foie gras was spectacular, absolutely incredible::


I had a Kir Royale and Clos du Val Cab from California to complement this memorable meal.

Then, I went next door to Compass Rose and had a bit of my Nikka Yoichi 20-year single malt, the whiskey that a few years ago in Scotland was selected as the best scotch in the entire world, including Scotland:


Included was a Cuban at my favorite seat with a view of the Tokyo Tower.  I can go on and on, but this was  a night I'll forever remember..

-

No comments: