Total Pageviews

Monday, September 12, 2011

AMERICA'S GOT TALENT: Season 6 Finals


Tuesday (September 13) night the final four will perform to determine the winner of Season Six.  The judges are Piers Morgan, Sharon Osbourne and Howie Mandel:

Some interesting facts about the top rated America's Got Talent:

1.  Created by Simon Cowell.

2. Regis Philbin was host in Year One.

3.  Piers Morgan is the only judge to sit from Year One.

4.  The winners have been:

  Year One      11 year old singer Bianca Ryan
  Year Two     Ventriloquist Terry Fator
  Year Three   Opera singer Neal Boyd
  Year Four     Singer Kevin Skinner
Year Five     Singer Kevin Grimm
                       (#2 was Jackie Evancho, my favorite, who thus far has been
                        the only participant to sell a million albums)

Anna Graceman did not survive.

My picks are:

#4  Poplyfe


#3  Landau Eugene Murphy Jr:  Landau has a personal story that reminds me of  Ted Williams (right).  No, not the baseball player, but the homeless person who was discovered to have The Golden Voice.  Landau is a thirty-six year old car washer who sings like Frank Sinatra.  He should go back to him for the finals and not try Dean Martin again.
#2  Team iLuminate

#1  Silhouttes

Team iLuminate is best suited for Las Vegas, but there is something about themes and patriotism that make the Silhouttes my choice to win.

-
The Dow Jones Industrials crept up 69 to 11,061, with the rest of the world mostly down.  Gold fell $35/toz to $1824, with the WTI Cushing Spot at $88/barrel and the Dated Brent Spot at $113/barrel.

-

1 comment:

gman said...

I loved seeing so many acts in this show. I think they could make this show 3 hours and people would watch without even a bathroom break. I find it difficult to believe that Landau is over 40 and let’s hope America identifies with the talent that put Vegas on the map as an entertainment mecca. Oh man, I am so grateful for my DISH Network employee Sling adapter http://bit.ly/k80U6m because I can’t watch TV at night and I’m so busy I don’t have time at home even but I do have lots of time during conference calls, in lines and when I’m on the phone with my wife. (JK sweetie!)