I've now had this daily blog for more than seven years, the very first being on 29April2008. There have been 892,272 visits to this blog site, and the latest is from #219, San Martin. I'll report on this country sometime later this week. I've missed a few days, mostly because this blog is supported by Google, and they have a continuing feud with China. While there I sent a couple of entries out through a Russian link, and it turned out this was a rather racy interface, resulting in a few bizarre responses.
As I mentioned a couple of days ago, the Hawaii Natural Energy Institute commissioned a professional photographer to take portraits of our staff. It was a team of three with a make-up artist. As the photo at the masthead is now eight years old, I thought this was a good time to change that photo. Here are two I am considering:
But there is nothing particularly descriptive of these shots. So what about something taken in 1958:
Or when I actually did some research by building a tunable laser and stimulated the DNA/RNA bonds of E. coli in a microbioreactor:
I once was into oil paintings, so what about sharks:
Or with a whale shark, for this subject always attracts a lot of viewers:
I post on all sorts of political issues, so a photo of my days in the U.S. Senate, perhaps:
That's me to the right. My first 240Z, and this one does also have Diamond Head:
Probably, the articles that draw the most comments are those dealing with food, so:
The first photo is at a Chaine des Rotisseurs (eating society formed in the 13th century) gala affair at the Four Seasons Hualalai, while the lower one is at La Terrazza, where I had my finest dish ever, a white truffles risotto in Rome. Perhaps a book signing for credibility:
Ah, a rainbow:
This is my favorite tie:
Well, this is beginning to lose relevance, so let me end this charade. If any reader has any opinion on a replacement of the masthead photo, let me know.
-
Tropical Depression Halola, already down to 30 MPH, made landfall near Nagasaki:
-











No comments:
Post a Comment