- two eggs over easy with a hash brown and two pieces of freshly cut and thick bacon
- bouillon and miso soup
- cold water, hot green tea and freshly crushed orange juice
- japanese pickles, including tofu
- penne pasta, arabico, salmon and nishime, with rice
This hotel is only 3 years old, but it looks well used. Here is my bathroom and this is how I now dress (I brought no sport coat nor tie).
So what's happening in Japan? For the first time since the census began in 1920,* the Japanese population declined, by just about a million:
- as of a year ago, the population was 127 million (the U.S. is at 319 million)
- Japan remains as the 10th most populated country
- Japan was the only one, of the top 20 countries, to decline
- 1.4% of the population is alien
- 62 million males and 65 million females
dinner in Seoul with Chun Doo Hwan, a former president of of the country. A few years later he was sentenced to death...but survived. The South Korean changeover has been unpredictable.
Okay, tomorrow I begin my Japan train ride to view Fall colors. Let's see if I can entitle it 5F for Fabulous Fall Food and Foliage Fantasy.
On the way back to the elevator, I thought I would have a free dessert in the Executive Lounge. I went in and my choice corner table was open. The place was otherwise filled: