The disappearance of Malaysian Air 370 27 months ago, has continued to confound, even more so than that of Amelia Earhart and D.B. Cooper. With all the current technology and effort expended ($70 million), including the sporadic re-appearance of debris unto islands of the Indian Ocean and East Africa, the current odds are that the wreck itself will never be found, for the search will officially end later this month.
No question that a next stage of black boxes (which are orange) will be real-time Cloud-connection. The immediate availability of data should in the future improve these searches.
- ship was transporting nerve gas which the Japanese military had been storing in China, which meant that there was no paper trail--there was a Unit 731 commanded by Shiro Ishii as early as 1932 suspected to have conducted biological weapon tests
- cargo of potassium cyanide and nitroglycerin, also something to be shielded from authorities, probably the most realistic of the conspiracies
- carbon monoxide from the ship's boiler system
- attack by UFOs, for the dead faces seemed to be pointing to an unknown enemy
- the ship never existed...but there are these photos