- we tweet 500 million times,
- watch 4 billion videos on Facebook,
- upload half a million new hours to YouTube,
- and you haven't the faintest idea about
- Reddit (front page of the internet),
- Pinterest (photosharing, but good luck trying to find out what this is all about)
- BuzzFeed (social news and entertainment) and
- ViralNova (social media site featuring viral videos), where I immediately got sent to
- What Drinking Fluoride Does to Your Body
- Three Death Foods to Avoid (excruciatingly lengthy, and it begins with Diet Coke being terrible, but, worse are many of these foodstuffs banned in many countries):
- yogurt (yikes!!!)
- wheat bread (good, I avoid it anyway)
- cereal bars (hmm...I've had these on a golf course)
- Breakthrough Which is Causing People to Lose Too Much Weight (so long that I quit before getting to the breakthrough)
- Meryl Streep has been in 48 feature films and has had 19 Oscar nominations. Her Ricki and the Flash, directed by Oscar Director Jonathan Demme (Silence of the Lambs) opens on August 7. Looks like #20, and she sings. She took opera lessons as a child. Her real daughter, Mamie Gummer, is her her screen child, and Rick Springfield plays guitar in Ricki's band.
- Warren Buffett, who is worth $69.3 billion, and says he has pledged 99% of that to charity, has composed one e-mail.
- The best "future" job in American is Audiologist, with a current salary of $69,720, a low 6.3 rating for stress and with a 34% potential for growth. Right behind is a University Professor with $68,970/6.9/25% scores. I'd rather save Planet Earth and Humanity than peer into ears.
- The Dalai Lama meditates and prays 6.5 hours/day. Okay, he's not American, but he does spend time here.
Hurricane Guillermo is at 105 MPH and headed for Hawaii:
If Guillermo does not weaken by Tuesday, then who knows what will happen. The computer models are all over the map.
A more dangerous ocean storm is Soudelar, still only a tropical storm at 60 MPH. However, strengthening to at least a Category 4 is expected, and the current eye path heads towards Taiwan: