March 14 of the 16th year of every century, which happens to be today--3-14-15--we celebrate Pi Day, where
- the circumference of any circle divided by the diameter
- the area of a circle divided by the square of the radius
- the surface area of a sphere divided by the product of four times the square of the radius
- three times the volume of a sphere divided by the product of four times the cube of the radius
- It is Albert Einstein's birthday.
- The Exploratorium museum in San Francisco, which is generally credited with organizing the first celebration, today gave out a free piece of pie to the first 58 people in line from 9:26:53 AM--3.14159265358. Our House of Representatives passed a resolution in 2009 honoring this day.
- Throughout the country there are Pi runs, parties and contests.