Anyway, one of the nurses here recommended ibuprofen 9 hours into this infection to lower my fever. For the reason above I did not, but I avoid pain pills and didn't have anything. However, at that key point 36 hours into my ordeal, because of those excruciating ear pains, I called the clinic in my basement and asked for something, anything, so I could go to sleep. However, to my shock...mind you, this is almost a nursing home...they don't carry any any medication. So an enterprising nurse found a way to enter the small shop (which is stocked only with what is donated by patients here) close by and found a $2.50 small tube of Advils and delivered it to me. The staff here tends to follow the rules and are very careful about taking chances, so she went far out of her way to help me. She should get equal credit for discovering this simple Advil solution for the flu. Mind you the Advil container looked kind of old, and, maybe the age had something to with its potency. But the expiration was in 2019.
- According to my personal doctor, I probably had the flu, but was healthy enough to shake it in two days.
- Suggested the two medical doctors who live at 15 Craigside:
- I probably caught a not so common two-day virus that was not really the flu.
- Some prayers helped the process, and I thanked him for the effort.
- Maybe it wasn't the flu----only 20% of suspected flu cases tested positive for the flu this past week across the nation---and I had no stomach nor throat problems.
- I don't know what it is like to be really sick as I've been healthy for a long, long time. Save for my emergency room visits, of course, and here is just one.
- Perhaps I'm trying to balance my life by this week presenting how much I'm suffering, for I seem to mostly blog about my hedonistic lifestyle, epitomized by that decadent Champagne and Caviar extravaganza of a week ago.
- My contention remains that, yes, I had a Type A flu, and it could have been coincidental, but those two Advil pills catalyzed the end of my flu in 40 hours, which is a period of less than two days, when this infection was supposed to incapacitate me for a week. I'm actually tempted to go golfing today.