o David Lowe: The results are startling because methane is being emitted under normal physiological conditions and that these emissions are large.
o Quirin Schiermeier: Climate researchers are amazed that they missed what is a huge methane source
- New York Times (2012): The Secrets of Hissing Trees turned out to be methane.
- The Open University (2012): Tropical Trees are Largest Emitter of Methane in Their Ecosystem.
- ScienceDaily (2013): Wetland trees a significant overlooked source of methane.
- Scientific American (2014): The Paradox of Pollution-Producing Trees.
- The Japan Times (2014): Hayfever: Nothing to Sneeze At