- The Environmental Protection Agency invalidated 33.5 million renewable-fuel credits sold by E-Biofuels LLC, accusing them of falsely claiming this incentive. The worth was about $13.4 million.
- USDA and U.S. Navy unveiled a "farm to fleet" program. Essentially, the Navy will purchase 77 million gallons of jet fuel and marine diesel each year beginning in 2015. These will be used in 10-50 percent blends:
- Renewable energy provided 100% of all new U.S. electrical generating capacity in November 2013. Can you believe that there was no new installations during the past month from natural gas, coal, oil or nuclear power? I thought fracking was causing a windfall for new gas turbines. What was the renewable percentage in October? 99%. Yes, 99%! However, don't get too excited, as renewables in 2012 accounted for 11% of all electrical production, and, of that more than half, 6%, came from hydroelectricity.
- How will the renewables fare in the proposed U.S. energy tax reforms in Congress? Here is an in-depth article by James Montgomery, associate editor of RenewableEnergyWorld.com. There will be a simplified mechanism for the production tax credit and investment tax credit.
- Hey, it is Christmas Eve, so here are the 12 Days of Solar Christmas:
Oh, the Dow Jones Industrial Average went up 63 to 16,3576, another all-time record.