ONE BILLION DOLLARS ON CHRISTMAS EVE. To the right $1 billion in $100 dollar bills.
What are the odds?
- There are 259 million possible number combinations.
- This past Friday, there was a 50% chance that someone would win.
- There is a 65% to 75% chance someone will win tonight.
- There is a 1 in 14.7 chance you can win something, as, for example, you luck out with guessing the Mega Ball pool of 15 only. You win $1.
- You get a million dollars (that's a million to the right in $100 bills) if you pick all five from the pool of 75, but not the Mega Ball number.
- Dying from a bee sting: 1 in 6.1 million (note, to win tonight, the odds are 1 in 259 million).
- Dying from a lightning bolt: 1 in 3 million.
- A hole-in-one on a par-3: 1 in 12,500 (I've never made one).
- A hole-in-one again on the next par-3: 1 in 156 million (hmm...close to this mega millions).
- The chances of hitting a deer with a vehicle in the least likely state, Hawaii: 1 in 6,267.
- Chance of being struck by lightning over an 80-year lifetime: 1 in 10,000.
- Chance of drowning in a U.S.. beach: 1 in 2 million.
- Chance of being attacked by a shark: 1 in 11.5 million.
- Get paid over 30 years with a 5% annual increase.
- Collect the whole jackpot, which tonight would be $316 million.
FOR THE RECORD, THERE WERE TWO WINNERS.