Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 14, 2012

MY GLOBAL ADVENTURE: SPRING 2012



I'm at the Honolulu Airport on my way to Japan.  My primary reason is to find out who is this person at Jindaiji.  As the Sakura season is supposedly just about over in Tokyo, I purchased a Japan Rail Pass to the mountainous regions of the country, ending in Sendai, then, perhaps, Fukushima.

The next stop will be Amsterdam for tulips and Floriade, the flower show held only once a decade.  While we made several trips to Europe, Pearl and I always missed the tulips of the Netherlands.  So, this one is for Pearl.

Then, a return to the USA to join Kenji's Safari for a week in and around Las Vegas.  We will be golfing seven (or more) times in a week.


My world journey ends in Denver for the World Renewable Energy Forum.  The last flight will be from Denver to Honolulu.

This first leg to Narita was uneventful and enjoyable.  I ordered the Japanese Washoku, which came in three parts:


This was an 8-hour, 4-movie flight.  First, Breakfast at Tiffany's:











Followed by Blue Hawaii:











Then, Sound of Music:


And, finally, Casablanca:



The music made these films memorable.

-

No comments: