I did not expect to have a part 2. (To go directly to part 1, scroll to the bottom of this article.) However, one of the benefits of retirement is that after a great weekend, the vacation continues on Monday. After much mulling, I chose to see the movie "Salmon Fishing in Yemen." This was an excellent film with a lot more in terms of relationship, stress and enjoyment than "Hunger Games." Mind you, world-wide, HG has made more than $360 million, while SFIY only has box office revenues of $3.6 million. However, like in "Jiro," I was again spurred to have a follow-up meal related to the title.
The theater was in the Kahala Mall, so I strolled over to the Japanese section of Whole Foods and picked up a salmon (of course) onigiri (rice ball), sunomono (vinegared cucumber) and two soups, miso and beef bourguignon. Combined with the really expensive sashimi leftover and ridiculously priced sake (of course, it has a lower concentration of arsenic), I had a spectacular follow-up dinner:
Those are the Hawaii State flowers in the background.
As predicted, Kentucky is the 2012 NCAA basketball champion.
-
The theater was in the Kahala Mall, so I strolled over to the Japanese section of Whole Foods and picked up a salmon (of course) onigiri (rice ball), sunomono (vinegared cucumber) and two soups, miso and beef bourguignon. Combined with the really expensive sashimi leftover and ridiculously priced sake (of course, it has a lower concentration of arsenic), I had a spectacular follow-up dinner:
Those are the Hawaii State flowers in the background.
As predicted, Kentucky is the 2012 NCAA basketball champion.
-


No comments:
Post a Comment