Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 17, 2011

*TOP MOVIES AND SONGS THIS WEEK

I've been on the road for almost two months now.  Lost total track of movies and songs.  So I felt I deserved a movie or two, beginning with lunch at Buca di Beppo--spaghetti with meat sauce, Caesar salad and a glass of Chianti--then went to see Scream 4 and Arthur.  The theater was filled with small kids.  They all went to see Rio, which grossed twice the amount of #2 Scream 4.  #3 was Hop, #4 Soul Surfer and #5 Hanna.  I had an interest in these latter two, but the timing was off.

Why would I want to see Scream 4?  Only because it was playing in the Tritan XC auditorium, featuring a super sized screen and great audio, plus the timing was right.  The biggest shock had nothing do with the slashings:  this gigantic theater had all of five people in attendance, including me.  How did it end up #2 for the week?  Anyway, it has been a decade since Scream 3, all directed by Wes Craven, and many original actors were cast.  It was gory and I lost count of the kills.  I also fell asleep early in the showing.  Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 58% score.  Not a terrific film.  Oh, who killed them all?  Can't say, although you must wonder why I'm showing this photo.

Why did I walk into Arthur?  The timing was right.  Of course this is a remake of the Dudley Moore and Sir John Gielgud version 30 years ago.  Can you believe that?  What were you doing in 1981?  The original Arthur received 4 academy award nominations, and the song, Arthur, won an Oscar for best original song.  Russell Brand is Arthur, Helen Mirren is Gielgud and Greta Gerwig is Liza Minnelli.  The current film was given a 28% rating by Rotten Tomatoes.


While I'm into entertainment, the #1 song is E.T., with Katy Perry, E.T. does stand for Extraterrestrial, and this has something to do with futuristic lover.  That's Katy above.  Get this, #4 is F**k You by Cee Lo Green, honest, exactly what you're thinking.  Click on it!

-
Total visitors to blog site:     88581
Visitors this week:                 2559
Number of countries:              175

-





No comments: