Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'M BACK IN SAI GON


I'm back because I was here in October. For some reason, though, I can't seem to link with my blog site, and finally got in via one of articles translated into Vietnamese. Thus, I add another piece here not knowing when my next one will be. I noticed that even in Viet Nam, there are some Google problems.

The flight from Da Nang to Sai Gon was, thankfully, uneventful. I guess the Ciprofloxacin is working. While the group went on to Cu Chi, I checked into the Sheraton. They gave me a bento box (these are significant lunch containers) equal to the one my travel partners will have. Usually the contents include a sandwich, cheese, fruit and chips.

By the way, the Sheraton Tower room is extraordinary. Four high definition TVs, one with a Bose sound system, a work room with assorted business center stuff and a place for entertainment.

The Cu Chi tunnels extended for about
130 miles, and were skinnier than that depicted on the right. I small portion has been widened to accommodate tourists.


-
Tropical Cyclone Olga is still kicking around in Northern Australia.






No comments: