Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 18, 2017

ST PATRICK'S DAY IN PURGATORY

Last weekend I came to the startling conclusion that Purgatory, if there is one, is not specifically 15 Craigside, but, instead, Planet Earth.  This was one of my Waikiki splurges, and, for those who are planning a trip to Hawaii, click on that link.  In about a week I begin my annual around the world adventure, where I will be gone for 42 days, the last week golfing in Napa.

Today, I bring you back to Honolulu for my typical day in Purgatory.  Nothing special, except yesterday was named after me, St. Pat's Day.  

To begin, here is the view from my computer as I'm composing this posting (note those plants are in tubs, for I'm getting ready for the staff here watering my plants during my gallivant):


I have an herb garden with arugula, chives and green onions.  Next, a miracle plant and two calamansis.


That white spot to the top right is the Moon.  On my lanai are mint and chiso plants:

I picked up lunch of roast duck, cold ginger chicken, choi sum and rice set and enjoyed this bento on Magic Island with Diamond Head:

 

There are usually around half a dozen couples being photographed here, mostly from Japan.

Then off to the Ala Wai Golf Course for my Friday 18-hole walk:


As I featured flora from my apartment, here are the fauna of Ala Wai.  

When I returned home, all was fresh, for once a week on Fridays 15 Craigside cleans my apartment, changes the bed sheets and brings in new towels.  I took a St. Patrick's Day bath with a Jameson Irish Whiskey on rocks:


15 Craigside conveniently kept for me corned beef and cabbage, which I enhanced with some garlic, onions and more cabbage, and had the dish with another shot of Jameson and a bottle of Mickey's:


Note the fat.  Japanese Wagyu Beef fat is best, but, amazingly enough, even DOCTORS CHANGE THEIR MINDS AFTER 40 YEARS.  Further, from that article:

Cardiologist Dr Aseem Malhotra says the obsession with a low-fat diet has “paradoxically increased” the risk of heart disease.

Anyway, this is how I best like to live life my way in Purgatory.

-

No comments: