I plan to have a major bento on the way to Nagasaki.
- An internship at NBC has a 4.6% selection rate.
- Want to work for hedge fund Citadel? You got a 3% chance.
- Hunter College Elementary School only selects 25 girls and 25 boys from an applicant list of 2500, so they're down at 2%.
- Want to get a Green Card to stay in the USA? The odds at 2%.
- Minerva Schools receive 16,000 applicants for 306 places, or 1.9%. They stay at 7 resident houses throughout the world during their four years of college.
- Want to protect President Trump? Our Secret Service accepts 1% of applicants.
- Care to attend the Indian Institute of Management? Around 174,000 annually apply, and the acceptance rate is just below 1%.
- NASA's class of 2017 selected 15 future astronauts from 8.300 applicants = 0.8%.
- Say you wish to get a job at Google. Your chances are 0.4%. By the way, Google operates this blog site.
I'm here in Nagasaki for two main reasons: their peace park and tonkatsu. This rather large tonkatsu (pork cutlet) bento only costs $2.66 (112 Yen to the dollar today). Quite a fancy package of sushi only for $7: