Total Pageviews

Friday, April 8, 2016

2016 JAPAN SAKURA ADVENTURE: Day 13: Tokyo to Sapporo

I awoke this morning and saw from my Tokyo Westin room Mount Fuji:



A brand new Bullet Train (Shinkansen to the right) to Hokkaido, the north island, began operations on March 26.



My train meal:



My Shinkansen arrived in Hakodate-Hokuta in four hours, but took another four hours on a much slower train to get to Sapporo.  It's so cold here that I think I felt snow waiting for this connection.  I had a soba and sochu/soda:




Found the Toyoko Inn easily this time.  Seen one, seen them all.  They all look the same from the outside and even each room appears to be identical.  However, this is Hokkaido, I guess, and the internet is really slow, to the point that my postings over the next few days will be limited.  

-

No comments: