- Standards will affect all planes sold after 2020.
- All other (meaning older) aircraft must meet these levels by 2028.
- Not worth including details for environmental organizations pretty much unanimously laughed that this threshold is hardly worth the effort.
- The newest Boeing and Airbus models already exceed these standards, which, of course, makes the promulgation of this new stricture meaningless.
- Next year will see the appearance of the Boeing 777X, the most efficient airliner ever, with seating for 400 passengers (their 747 can go up to 660, but the Airbus 380 can have 853).
2016 US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION - NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES
- Hillary Clinton +115
- Donald Trump +250
- Bernie Sanders +400
- Marco Rubio +800
- Ted Cruz +1800
- Jeb Bush +2200
- John Kasich +2200
- Michael Bloomberg +2500
Trump and the Republicans? Guess what Democrats are doing? Will Sanders actually become a serious candidate for POTUS after shining in Nevada? Nah. But he could become a pivotal Ralph Nader and Ross Perot, for both of them gave the election to the other party in 2000 and 1992.
Tropical Cyclone Winston, the MOST POWERFUL STORM ON RECORD in the Southern Hemisphere, today punished Fiji with winds as high as 184 MPH. No confirmation of any fatalities, but the damage was significant.
Still at 150 MPH, Winston now seems mostly headed south to nowhere. This storm has had a fearsome, weird and meandering history: