- First movie appearance in the Beatles' Hard Days Night (1964).
- Was close to her sister, who committed suicide at the age of 23.
- In Woody Allen's Stardust Memories (1980).
- In the movie Max mon amour, (1986) fell in love with a chimpanzee.
- Suffered a nervous breakdown in 1997 after divorcing her second husband, French composer Jean Michael Jarre.
Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, the same song from 45 years ago at their wedding. While everyone, including Geoff, carries on in nostalgia and satisfaction, Kate, in those final minutes, has apparently reached the freezing or tipping point, and glaciates. Something terrible might have happened if the movie went on for just a few more seconds. Then again, these were my emotions. Perhaps in reality their lives could well have moved on without incident, for most who have survived that long have learned to optimize their future.
- The UH Men's Basketball team edged out Cal-Irvine (they have a 7 ft 6 inch center, another 7 ft 2 in center, and two months ago started the tallest team in the history of college basketball). Hawaii is now #1 in the league with a 22-3 record.
- The UH Men's Baseball team beat New Mexico in 11 innings, 4-3.
I then went to the Rainbow Baseball game against New Mexico. Score? Don't ask.