Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A WAIKIKI VACATION

IF YOU HAVE ANY INTEREST IN RENEWABLE ENERGY COMMERCIALIZATION AND WHAT SEEMS TO BE BLOCKING DEVELOPMENT, SCROLL DOWN TO THE NEXT POSTING.

I just enjoyed a fabulous one day Waikiki vacation, drawn by the Independence Day fireworks.  I walked into my Waikiki Sheraton room and noticed a cute bed:

But it turned out that this was a suite and there was another room with a king size bed.  The view was incredible:

The Hanohano Room is now their Club Lounge for special guests.  I wanted to view the fireworks, so reserved the best table with the following scene of Magic Islands, over which the fireworks would rise:

Nothing like DC and New York City, but nevertheless, not bad for Hawaii:

I then went walking around Waikiki, for the first time in years, stopped by Restaurant Suntory, where I have a bottle of Suntory Yamazaki single malt, and had the following snack:
Wagyu beef with O-toru chazuke.

The sidewalks in Waikiki were packed at 10PM.  Went into an ABC store for the first time in two years and bought a slipper, primarily because it was 25% the cost of something similar at the nearby Nike store.  Took a photo of the Duke:
on Waikiki Beach and returned to the Sheraton for a final night view from my room:

There is something to the sounds, smells, ambience and excitement of Waikiki that draw tourists.  The following morning, Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head were my final scene:

 as I returned to the humdrum life of a retiree who will be golfing at the Ala Wai Golf Course every day this week.

-
The Dow Jones Industrials slipped 13 to 12,570, with world markets mixed.  Gold jumped up $20/toz to $1516, while the NYMEX crude is at $97/barrel and Brent Spot at $113/barrel.

-

No comments: