Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 14, 2011

ANOTHER GLOBAL SCAM

A few days ago I asked in one of my postings if anyone ever heard of the Global Foundation for Humanitarian Affairs.  I got a response confirming my suspicion that this was a scam.  Thank you!

This is yet another of those phishing expeditions, so if anyone reading this gets an e-mail inviting you to participate in some humanitarian sounding series of gatherings where the organizers indicate they would pay all expenses, except for a minimal hotel cost in one of the venues, that is where they get you, for you either send them money or your credit card info.  SO, DON'T RESPOND!!!  I almost did, but not really, because you can't GOOGLE them, as they don't exist.  The person who commented said this offer emanated from an address in India.

The scammer uses different variations of Global, Humanitarian, etc. for a series of conferences.  The e-mail looks very official and follow-up information is well tailored to get you.  I actually asked for more information, and they responded, but this wastes time, and thankfully was only that for me.  This apparently has been going on for years, so if you haven't been contacted yet, you someday might.

-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pls explain in more detail...

PLANET EARTH AND HUMANITY said...

Detail?