- Woke up at 5AM (midnight Hawaii time) because the bellman said I should catch the 6AM taxi ($70 with tip) arranged by the hotel.
- I noted that the first flight left such that I arrived in Chicago half an hour before boarding. Should have been enough time for my bag to also catch this plane.
- However, the leg to Los Angeles concerned me. The arrival time at LAX was 2:52PM, but boarding to HNL was to be 2:40PM. How far would I have to walk? What are the odds of my bag also making that flight?
- Turned out UAL463 actually arrived half an hour earlier. Also, we docked at Gate 73. UAL1498 to HNL left from Gate 72.
- So I wandered over to my boarding area and aimlessly showed my ticket and was let on the plane. I was the first passenger. I think this had something to do with the walking cane I use when I go on these long trips. It only costs $2 from Daiso in Bangkok. But I've lost two, so you can also buy one in Daiso Japan for $3. You saw me with this cane next to the Canadian moose two days ago.
- I should add that, after some shuffling around, a long-time University of Hawaii colleague ended up sitting next to me, and will provide details later.
Finally, this morning home at 15 Craigside, where I was greeted by a white orchid:
Business must like what is happening with the Congressional tax package, as the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 143 to 24,652, another all-time record.