By analogy, here is a hierarchy of societal needs:
- The International Peace Congress met seven times from 1843 to 1853.
- There were two Hague (peace) Conventions, in 1899 and 1907.
- World Peace CouncilThere was an Universal Peace Congress that began deliberations in 1848, and they had 33 gatherings, but gave up in 1953.
- An International Peace Conference was held in London on 10 December 2005 and sold out of 1500 tickets. But that was all.
- The World Peace Council has met almost annually since 1948, the latest in 2012. No announcement of next meeting.
- There is a United Nations Peacebuilding Commission, which is an appropriate name, and since 2014 they have had annual sessions.
But even I agree that this simple solution for world peace will never be allowed by the Military-Industrial Complex anyway, and if by some major miracle this proposal is agreed to, the reality is that it will in time collapse. Peace is a vague concept today that only fuzzy minded people dream about.