I store these bottles in a "new" wine cellar, which cost only around two nights of hotel stays. My previous Craigside featured a reliable vintage which I had for more than 30 years, but seemed to promote mold growth. Now white wines are kept at 50 F, with the reds at 60 F in a clean environment. This recent fridge is a lot safer with drawers that are substantive and pull out. The reflection on the door shows my apartment.
- had marrow for my special dinner last night (scroll down to the next posting for the details) so stored chunks of beef from the shank, and fried them in three tablespoons of butter
- chopped up 10 cloves of garlic and added them to the pan
- borrowed three pieces of tomato from the salad and tossed them into the frying mix
- then placed the the clams linguini into the pan, after first separating the flesh from the shells
- topped off the dish with basil and white onions