Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

GENESIS OF THE VENUS SYNDROME

I woke up early this morning and contemptuously thanked Donald Trump for beating Hillary Clinton to become PUS (President of the United States) #45.  Why?  He has regularly said that global warming is a hoax.    The second most important person in America on this issue is U.S. Senator Jim Inhofe (R-Oklahoma), chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works.  He goes even further, for Inhofe has published a book entitled, The Greatest Hoax:  How the Global Warming Conspiracy Threatens Your Future.  He further indicates that God Says Global Warming is a Hoax.  Clearly, our country will derail everything the United Nations and most of the rest of the world have crafted in an attempt to solve this potentially serious problem.

Oh, why thank Trump and Inhofe for their idiotic views?  They convinced me it is time to apply the hammer, THE VENUS SYNDROME.  Hammer?  I've spent a professional lifetime on sustainable resources and the environment.  My primary course for engineering juniors was Environmental Engineering.  I've come to a conclusion that logic and credible science are inconsequential when it comes to decision-making for climate change.

So I'm playing the final fear card with my upcoming book, for mere sea level rise of a tenth of an inch/year and temperature increase of, at most, a tenth of a Fahrenheit degree/year, will not be physically felt by Republican decision-makers.  According to the World Meteorological Organization, 2016 will be even hotter than 2015, which broke all important recent records for warming. What if political diddling for a decade or two permits critical atmospheric conditions to reach a tipping point where a cascade effect will lead to Planet Earth becoming Planet Venus?  Venus is at 872 F, where lead melts.

While I had originally planned for The Venus Syndrome to be a novel, so that it can more readily become a movie, I decided to instead have the publication be a self-biography from my beginning into the Year 2017, after which I will need to become more creative.  I might tease this out until the Year 2020, for that symbolizes perfect vision.  The hammer will come in the Year 2040 when I hope to reach the age of 100 and still be alive to witness the accuracy of my 2020 prophesy.  The Introduction will arrive at this blog site on 1 January 2017.  Chapter 1 will come when the Trump/Inhofe team officially initiates their crusade towards insanity.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 54 points today to 18,923, for the third straight day breaking their all-time record.  The Dow is up almost 10% for the year.
-

No comments: