By the way, that was a plus. Here is the reading material in my room:
- The violent crime rate in the the United Arab Emirates is the lowest in the world. Why? There are undercover security agents everywhere, and when you commit even a tiny crime, you are in big trouble. Women can feel safe walking anywhere at any time, including at 2AM.
- They sell more gold here than anywhere else. There are 300 retailers just in the Dubai Gold Souk.
- They will be building (right) an 80-story building, called Da Vinci Tower, where each floor will rotate independently:
- There will be a restaurant of every floor.
- Proposed is wind/solar power to run the facility.
- Falcon City has plans to build the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Their Dubailand will be double the size of Disney World.
- Mall of the World will be four times larger than Dubai World, which is already the biggest shopping center in the world.
Saffron, by the way, comes from a purple flower, and is red. When added to food, it turns yellow. Popular here in teas:
Oh, I should indicate that the hotel gave me a chilled bottle of white wine, and, as all kinds of take-outs are in walking distance, I had a Panda soup and Kentucky Fried Chicken meal:
To mention this again, my readership has jumped the past couple of days because there is a fascination with Dubai.