- flunked out of Notre Dame
- became the poster guy for Alcoholic Anonymous
- a convicted criminal
- used LSD as a cure for drug dependence
- ordered his troops to embrace aerobic and nutrition, and not smoke
- advocated marrying, but divorcing after three years.
Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes, today. It was a decade ago that "shock and awe" began the Iraq War. I recall being stunned by the news bulletin while driving home from Ko Olina. Was the war, and you got to add Afghanistan, worth it? For $4 trillion, probably not, but there were a few redeeming benefits. At least the Gulf War is over.